We advise clients on all phases of projects, including structuring, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance, financing and post - financing matters such as restructurings, acquisitions and dispositions. Our lawyers have significant experience negotiating, drafting and evaluating key project agreements such as concession and implementation agreements; power sales, throughout and other off taker agreements; Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) agreements; fuel supply, transportation and other long- term supply agreements; operating and maintenance contracts; and service agreements.
A snapshot of our experience:
- Advised a contractor of a power plant engaged to construct the power plant for personal use by the sponsor.
- Currently advising an international contractor engaged to construct geothermal power plant in Southern Tanzania.
- Advised Bagamoyo Eco Energy Limited and the Government of Tanzania in structuring the project and identifying the hurdles that have been delaying the project. The JV arrangements with the international investors was worth US$415 million.
- Advised a short-listed EPC Contractor in relation to the planning and construction of 320MW combined cycle Greenfield power station. In this respect, we advised on all the relevant permits, authorizations and approvals relevant for the project.
- Advised Gigawatt Global Cooperative UA on the proposed public private partnership with the national electric supply company, TANESCO, involving the finance, development, operation and maintenance of a 300MW solar photovoltaic electric generating facility in Tanzania.
- Advised a foreign government’s development finance institution to conduct various legal matters on the financing of NextGen Solawazi, a power plant to be constructed in Kigoma, Tanzania.
- Advised an international energy company on the construction, commission and operation of a hydropower project. The firm was required to review, comment on and perfect the project related agreements and advise on the legal and regulatory issues arising from such agreements including land ownership rights, water management issues, environmental regulations and procurement laws affecting public bodies.
- Advised Ruhudji Power Company Limited, acting as the head legal adviser on this project to develop a hydropower plant in the Njombe District, Tanzania. The project involved Aldwych International, a recognized leader in the power sector across the globe.
- Advised Hecate Energy in the Company Structuring and obtaining all relevant Licenses in generation of power using Solar energy for a 50MW Project in Dodoma.
- Advised Berkley Energy and Sinotan Tanzania Limited on a 100 MW wind power project in the Tanzania highlands in Iringa. The Firm is assisting in negotiations in power purchase agreement, restructuring of the local company as an investment vehicle and advising on the legal aspects of financing for the project.