We support clients in all aspects of the industry, including those in relation to upstream exploration, extraction and production, mergers and acquisition and finance transactions, midstream transportation, storage facilities and trading operations. We have a team of lawyers with the requisite experience supported by our international partners which are well versed in the sector.
A snapshot of our experience:
- Advised the Federal Republic of Somalia in relation to the provision of legal advisory services related to the Somalia Production Sharing Agreement Toolkit Project. The Project involved IMMMA Advocates drafting a Production Sharing Agreement and negotiation manual for the Government of Somalia for the exploration and extraction of oil within the Somalia jurisdiction. Along with the proposed documents IMMMA Advocates conducted a training of Somali officials on the new Model Production Sharing Agreement and the negotiation manual.
- Advised Rakgas (an investment company of the government of Ras Al Khaimah, UAE) on its JV project to construct and operate a strategic gas pipeline and infrastructure with government of Tanzania, as well as all the financing.
- Advised the operator of the Tanzanian gas field on its gas sale arrangements to the Tanzania National Oil Company (NOC) and on the implications of the changing gas regulatory framework in Tanzania.
- Advised Ferrostaal Industrial Projects GMBH, Haldor Topsoe A/S and Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited (the Consortium) on the establishment of a US$2 billion ammonia/urea fertilizer plant with national gas as feedstock. We successfully assisted in the negotiations of the joint venture agreement between the Consortium and the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC). We also successfully assisted to advise and negotiating the heads of terms for the supply of natural gas, land ownership issues in Tanzania between TPDC and the Consortium.
- Advised Rakgas Tanzania Limited on a Product Sharing Agreement with Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation and The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania as well the concession and development agreement for the development of a gas pipeline, from southern Tanzania.
- Advised Tanzania's Statoil in relation to its participation and bid in the 2014 Tanzanian Hydrocarbon Licensing Round. The advice included the review of all applicable procurement laws, the review and analysis of the Licensing Round Rules and regulations, their compliance with the hydrocarbon legislation in force at the time as well as the review and advice on the Production Sharing Agreement.
- Advised Songas Tanzania Limited and the Tanzania Electrical Supply Company Limited (Tanesco) with regard to power purchase agreement and other energy related matters.
- Advised Vegas on a farm in transaction in relation to an onshore block in northern Tanzania. The firm was the lead local advisor on the assignment of an interest in a Product Sharing Agreement, carrying out due diligence and providing advice on local laws and compliance. Also advised on a farm out agreement in respect of the project.
- Advised Petrobras Tanzania Limited in its negotiations for off shore drilling concessions and product sharing agreements in Tanzania.
- Advised Puma Energy on its acquisition of BP’s downstream business in Tanzania. The acquisition involved other countries in Africa such as Botswana, Malawi, Namibia and Zambia. The acquired businesses include supply of commercial fuels, aviation fuel and lubricants; a retail network; and the ownership/operation of various storage, import and aviation refueling terminals.