The Firm has handled numerous transactions in this sector, including financing arrangements, interconnection
agreements between different providers and regulatory affairs involving cell phone providers and regulatory authority concerning terminations rates and frequency allocations. It has handled regulation affairs involving the introduction of electronic money transfers through mobile phones to majority of mobile phones company operators.
A snapshot of our experience:
Advised various telecommunication operators on the implication of the listing requirement introduced by the Finance Act 2016.
Advised one of the leading cellular phone operators on the implications of the new electronic act and how it will affect the telecommunications business in Tanzania.
Prepared, reviewed and nally completed to advise all leading cellular phone operators in the country on the introduction of electronic money transfers through their mobile networks.
- Advised with Osborn Clerk LLP Facebook Inc. and WhatsApp on various matters including, licensing, content and tariffs control, promotion and advertising, data protection, linking to third party sites, ICT legal frame work in Tanzania, liabilities of service and hyperlink providers under the Cyber Crimes Act, Electronic Postal Communication Act (EPOCA), Electronic Transactions Act, geospatial mapping and national security laws, unfair market practices under the Fair Competition Act and Regulations made thereunder, and gambling laws.
- Advised various telecommunications on the impacts of the recently passed Regulations on online content regulations and its implications.
- Advised a mobile operator client on online agency contracting and its status in law.
- Advised various telecommunication operations on the implication of the listing requirements introduced by the Finance Act 2016.
- Advised Vodacom Tanzania Limited on the National Roaming Agreement with Zanzibar Telecom Limited.
- Advised Airtel Tanzania on the outsourcing of network facilities